March 06, 2012

Truth

Truth.... the wikipedia gives it as;
"Truth has a variety of meanings, such as the state of being in accord with fact or reality. It can also mean having fidelity to an original or to a standard or ideal. In a common usage, it also means constancy or sincerity in action or character. The direct opposite of truth is falsehood, which can correspondingly take logical, factual or ethical meanings."

Truth for me has had different connotations as I have grown. As a child, I was a stickler for truth (the perfect spoiler of fun.. ahem..) I was the first one to tattle out the details of the fun time we all had had while playing.. who got pushed.. who shoved.. who did what.. coz till then my definition of truth was being honest and nothing else did matter to me... not even if what I had told caused a lot of pain {authentic and not figure of speech!! :) .. }

With age came the realization that it was not necessary that I told every itsy bitsy thing to my elders, and with that came the realization of a new definition of 'truth'... a definition which meant that there is a variation to the sentence 'whole thing, and nothing but the truth'.... was I learning to lie.. I don't think and feel so... I was merely learning to adapt to my surroundings.

The word truth has come to acquire a totally different meaning... 
Truth now is an expedient in the way I think about things.... so am I a hypocrite

No comments:

Post a Comment